ACT Microvolunteer Opportunities
Simple grant writing
We need some help writing very basic grant proposals. This would entail writing approximately 1-2 pages of text to go along with a proposal as well as contacting the potential grantor to find out if our organization is a match for their funding.
Grant database research and identification
Like to do some research? We will give you access to a national database of grants to search for possible funding opportunities. Or, we need to identify Colorado grants as well through another source
We have several data entry projects. This would include people who have registered to be part of our email and updating our donor database. We also need someone to update our expenses & revenues in Quickbooks.
Writing Press Releases
Do you have a flair with words? Like to write? We have several upcoming events for which we need press releases written.
We need help contacting potential sponsors for our August fundraising ride, Pedal for Your Cause. This can be done either by phone or in person. We will give you a sponsorship package to present.
Like to Twitter or Facebook? We’re looking for someone to take and grow our followers on Twitter and on Facebook. Or, simply recruit some friends to follow us.
Do you know WordPress web applications? We are looking for someone to update the information on our website.
Program Volunteer Needs:
- Bike Riders (Tandem Captains) – Someone to ride with a person with a disability.
- Tour Guides – Escorts to accompany the tour (usually 3-4 riders)
- Program Support Personnel – Van drivers/Luggage Movers/SAG Providers, and Nurses
- Office Support – to help us maintain our correspondence, create documents, assist with mailings, maintain databases, etc.
- Board and Committee Members – HR, Finance, IT, Marketing, Events, Development, Programs, Treasurer, Secretary, Board Chair and Vice Chair.
- Have a particular special talent as a grant writer, marketing/PR manager, IT, legal, medical or other professional skills we might be able to use
E-mail our volunteer coordinator today to see how you can help – firstname.lastname@example.org